Software Engineer – Malta
The Hornetsecurity Group is the leading cloud security provider in Europe, which protects the IT infrastructure, digital communication and data of companies and organizations of all sizes. Its services are provided worldwide via 11 redundantly secured data centers. The product portfolio covers all important areas of email security, including spam and virus filters, legally compliant archiving and encryption, as well as defense against CEO fraud and ransomware. With more than 400 employees, the Hornetsecurity Group is represented globally at several locations and operates in more than 30 countries through its international distribution network. The premium services are used by approximately 50,000 customers including Swisscom, Telefónica, KONICA MINOLTA, LVM Versicherung and CLAAS.
We are looking for a motivated Software Engineer (m/f/d) for our location in San Gwann (Malta) for 40 hours/week.
Job description details
- You design, implement and test new technologies and services for spam, malware and phishing detection.
- You will contribute to the development of Hornetsecurity’s Spam and Malware Protection, E-Mail Encryption and Advanced Threat Protection products.
- You work on unit and integration tests and maintain our CI/CD pipelines.
- Together with your colleagues you ensure that development and quality goals are met.
- You have a degree in the field of computer science.
- You already have several years of experience with the programming languages Python and/or Golang.
- You are experienced in developing or using Linux systems – you are proficient in the Linux command line.
- You feel comfortable working with SQL and NoSQL databases, preferably PostgreSQL and/or ElasticSearch – experience with graph databases is an advantage.
- You are familiar with technologies and encryption methods such as SMIME and PGP for e-mails.
- You have knowledge of programming concepts such as prototyping, multithreading/processing, client-server architecture, stream processing and high availability.
- You ideally have hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes as well as CI/CD.
- You can abstract, think logically and convince with initiative and personal responsibility.
- You enjoy working in an international team, are solution-oriented, reliable and resilient.
- You have a very good command of written and spoken English
- Free space for innovation and independent action in a fast growing international company with a promising future.
- Short decision paths and flat hierarchies in an open work atmosphere.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Temporary Employee Exchange Program – we support you to work at our global office locations and explore the world (e.g. Berlin, Madrid, Montréal, Washington).
- Home-Office Option and flexible, trust based working time.
- No dress code – you can come to work as you like.
- Delicious coffee, tea, soft drinks and fresh fruits every day for free.
- Free Book Policy – we will order your reference books.
- Team events like Laser Tag, Escape Room or Get Together at our legendary beer truck – let yourself be surprised.
- Be-Active Bonus – we’ll keep you healthy with an allowance to your membership in fitness and sports clubs.
- Unlimited contracts and pension plan – we’re looking for hornets to grow long term with us.
- Free Parking – you never have to be stressed in the morning looking for a parking space.
- Additional leave entitlements – Paternity/Maternity/Adoption leave.
- Office Dogs are welcome – you don’t have to leave your dog alone at home!