Software Developer in Test
The Hornetsecurity Group is the leading cloud security provider in Europe, which protects the IT infrastructure, digital communication and data of companies and organizations of all sizes. Its services are provided worldwide via 11 redundantly secured data centers. The product portfolio covers all important areas of email security, including spam and virus filters, legally compliant archiving and encryption, as well as defense against CEO fraud and ransomware. With more than 400 employees, the Hornetsecurity Group is represented globally at several locations and operates in more than 30 countries through its international distribution network. The premium services are used by approximately 50,000 customers including Swisscom, Telefónica, KONICA MINOLTA, LVM Versicherung and CLAAS.
This is a full-time position we are looking to fill as soon as possible as Software Testing is crucial for ensuring the highest possible quality of our award-winning products.
Boost your career in Software Development and join our swarm in Skopje!
Job description details
- You ensure that the Hornetsecurity products meet the high-quality expectations of our customers through test automation.
- You help us reduce the workload of our manual QA team by automating tests wherever possible.
- You provide your experience for decisions about the test automation tools that are used by us.
- You work closely with the software engineers, team lead and product owner to define the test cases required to match our customers’ quality expectations.
- You will become part of one of our development teams and also be embedded in the wider community of our test automation developers to exchange knowledge and expertise.
- You contribute to Agile SCRUM meetings, estimates, documentation, retrospectives, and other parts of the software development lifecycle.
- You drive the implementation of testable architecture for developed applications, and you keep abreast with new techniques and frameworks and propose solutions to improve our testing cycle.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field.
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience in the Quality Assurance/Test Automation area.
- You have solid experience in multiple test tools for e.g. API testing, front-end testing, load & performance testing, etc. for Python, Java, Java Script – e.g. Cypress, Cucumber, Gherkin.
- Ideally you have experience in embedding automated tests into CI/CD pipelines.
- You have at least a basic understanding of computer networks and Email protocols.
- You have experience with concepts like TDD and BDD as well as bug tracking and collaboration tools (e.g. Jira, YouTrack, Confluence).
- You have knowledge of version control systems (preferably git).
- You have experience in implementing tool strategies, test automation frameworks and reusable components across multiple platforms or technologies.
- You love mentoring others, especially software engineers in the topics of test automation and designing code and software architecture for testability.
- You have a very good level of written and spoken English.
- Free space for innovation and independent action in a fast-growing international company with a promising future.
- Short decision paths and flat hierarchies in an open work atmosphere.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Temporary Employee Exchange Program – we provide the ability for you to work at our global office locations and explore the world (e.g. Malta, Madrid, Montréal, Washington).
- Home-Office Option and flexible working time.
- No dress code – you can come to work as you like.
- Delicious coffee, tea, soft drinks and fresh fruits every day for free.
- Regular global update meetings with free pizza or donuts for everyone in our offices.
- Free Book Policy – we will order your reference books.
- Team events like Laser Tag, Escape Room or nights out together – let yourself be surprised.
- Be-Active Bonus – we’ll keep you healthy with an allowance to your membership in fitness and sports clubs.
- Unlimited contracts – we’re looking for hornets to grow long term with us.
- Extensive Onboarding – we equip you with a welcome kit, 2 days Onboarding Bootcamp, Mentoring Program and regular feedback meetings.
- Office Dogs are welcome – you don’t have to leave your dog alone at home!
- Referral Bonus: we pay 1500€ for each referral who is successfully hired by us!