The Hornetsecurity Group is the leading cloud security provider in Europe, which protects the IT infrastructure, digital communication and data of companies and organizations of all sizes. Its services are provided worldwide via 11 redundantly secured data centers. The product portfolio covers all important areas of email security, including spam and virus filters, legally compliant archiving and encryption, as well as defense against CEO fraud and ransomware. With more than 400 employees, the Hornetsecurity Group is represented globally at several locations and operates in more than 30 countries through its international distribution network. The premium services are used by approximately 50,000 customers including Swisscom, Telefónica, KONICA MINOLTA, LVM Versicherung and CLAAS.
For our location in Hannover, we are looking for a motivated Backend Developer (m/f/d) for 40 hours/week to start as soon as possible.
Job description details
- You are responsible for existing and upcoming backend projects.
- You plan and develop new products in the areas of cloud mail security and mail archiving.
- You design and create the backend services for our internal and customer-facing services.
- You create and maintain the related project documentation.
- You ensure together with your colleagues that development and quality goals are met.
- You have a degree in computer science or are a trained IT specialist for application development.
- You already have at least 3 years of professional experience in software development.
- You have very good knowledge of Python. Additional experience with Java/Golang/PHP is great as well.
- You have a profound experience with data storage systems (SQL, Elastic Search, Redis).
- You are used to writing tests for your code.
- You can abstract, think logically, and convince through initiative and personal responsibility.
- You have experience working on large-scale codebases in an agile environment.
- You enjoy working in a team and are solution-oriented, reliable, and resilient.
- You are fluent in English, both written and verbal (German is not required).
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Elastic Search querying and maintaining.
- Experience with Email-backed (Dovecot, Postfix).
- Free space for innovation and independent action in a fast-growing international company.
- Short decision paths and flat hierarchies in an open work atmosphere.
- Extensive Onboarding – we equip you with a welcome kit, 2 days Onboarding Bootcamp, Mentoring Program and regular feedback meetings.
- Temporary Employee Exchange Program – we provide the ability for you to work at our global office locations and explore the world (e.g. Berlin, Madrid, Malta, Montréal, Washington D.C.).
- Home-office-option and flexible working time.
- Unlimited contracts: we’re looking for hornets to grow long-term with us.
- Be-Active Bonus: we’ll keep you healthy with an allowance for your membership in fitness and sports clubs.
- Referral Bonus: we pay 1500€ for each referral who is successfully hired by us!
- Office Dogs are welcome – you don’t have to leave your dog alone at home!
- Team events like Laser Tag, Office Movie Nights, Foodie Fridays and much more – let yourself be surprised!