Hornetsecurity Altaro VM Backup
Virtual Machine Backup and Replication for Hyper-V and VMware
System errors, hardware failures or cyber attacks with viruses, malware or ransomware. There are countless scenarios that can lead to data loss. In 2019 the average costs for server downtimes for companies were at around € 719,000, the costs for data losses at around € 900,000. It is important for companies to protect themselves – and Hornetsecurity has the best solution.
Hornetsecurity Altaro VM Backup is a powerful, reliable and easy-to-use backup and replication solution for Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware virtual machines (VMs) and physical Windows servers, to protect against enterprise data loss. The award-winning solution provides robust, streamlined and enterprise-level functionality.
Back up and restore your company data with ease: at any time, with speed and massive storage savings
Reduce downtime and data loss: Thanks to Continous Data Protection (CDP) and WAN-optimized replication, your backup files are available in just minutes in the event of a data loss scenario and you can continue working as usual. The solution’s unique Augmented Inline Deduplication also gives you massive savings on your backup storage and dramatically reduces costs.
- Efficient backup setup
- Full control of your backups
- Minimal RPO and RTO
- Best storage savings in the industry
Up and running quickly, without the need for complex configurations
Get started quickly: install and run your first virtual machine (VM) backup in less than 15 minutes, without the need for complex configurations, software dependencies, or steep learning curves.
Hornetsecurity Altaro VM Backup is designed to give you the reliability and performance you need, without hassle or complexity, so you can deliver value to your organization immediately and consistently.
- Easy to use, intuitive UI – making it simple for you to implement a reliable backup strategy
- Fast and simple to manage and configure backup/restore and replication tasks across multiple hosts
- Full control and scalability – Monitor and manage all your Hyper-V and VMware hosts from a single console
Powerful and fast centralised controlHornetsecurity Altaro VM Backup simplifies the management and configuration of your backup and restore jobs across multiple hosts, freeing up your time.
- WAN-Optimized Replication
- Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
- Concurrency – by backing up multiple VMs simultaneously, backup operations are particularly efficient
- Natively supports various cloud storage options
- Grandfather-Father-Son Archiving (GFS)
Best deduplication in the industry – Augmented Inline Deduplication
Hornetsecurity Altaro VM Backup with Augmented Inline Deduplication drastically reduces your storage requirements for your backup repository, saving you time and money.
When compared to other vendors, it is the best deduplication in the industry creating the smallest backup size. Our deduplication runs across all backup jobs, you don’t need to group virtual machines together (no use of post processing). The least amount of backup space is only one of the benefits; Augmented Inline Deduplication also improves backup and restore speed.
Virtual machine backup and replication with powerful features
Best storage savings in the industry - Augmented Inline Deduplication
Common data is only transferred to the backup or offsite location ONCE. Unlike most competitors, the service do not handle this post-process so it ensures that only changed data is sent to the customer’s backup repository right away (rather than removing the identical data after the transfer).
Seamless cloud backup to Microsoft Azure, Amazon S3 or Wasabi
Users can simply enter their account details and store their offsite backup copies with their provider of choice. This way, customers can easily make a backup copy of their data direct to Azure, S3 or Wasabi, as well as to a local disk, network path or an Hornetsecurity Altaro Offsite Server.
Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
Continuous Data Protection (CDP) allows users to back up virtual Windows machines (VMs) as frequently as every 5 minutes ensuring that, should a data loss scenario occur, only a few minutes of data are lost. This dramatic reduction in data loss saves companies time and money while minimalizing hassle.
Various restore options
Granular restore options are supported for full VM or individual files or emails, enabling file retrieval with a few clicks. It is also possible to restore one or more VMs to a different host and from multiple points in time. Fast OnePass restores and clone restores are also supported.
Replication enables users to be backed up and running in minimal time should disaster strike. It enables administrators to replicate ongoing changes on their VMs to a remote site and to seamlessly continue working from the replicated VMs should something go wrong with the live VMs.
Central management with the Cloud Management Console
– Real-time status updates: View live operation activity and backup results as they occur.
– Centrally manage your backups/restores: Start backups and restore VMs, configure Backup Locations, Offsite Locations, and much more.
– Access the portal anywhere: There is no need for VPNs to be on-site.
Backup Health Monitor
Backup Health Monitor proactively monitors the health of the backup storage from the customer to detect any integrity issues with the customers’ backup data. If it finds any issues, it will attempt to repair them automatically by backing up the affected data again during the next backup job.
Encryption of the backups is ensured by means of AES-256 encryption keys (password) configured by the customer. All offsite copies are AES-265 encrypted. For onsite backups (primary), encryption is optional and supported as well.
Instant boot from backup
Users can boot any VM version directly from the backup location without affecting backup integrity.
More backup and recovery features at a glance:
- Hot/Live Backups: Perform backups at any time needed at the push of a button without requiring any downtime.
- Flexible backup scheduling: Fully automatic backup at individual time settings (as frequently as every 5 min).
- Concurrency: Simultaneous backup of multiple virtual machines.
- Retention policies: Define and change retention times for backups individually.
- Grandfather-Father-Son Archiving (GFS): Set up dedicated hierarchical backup intervals for years, months, and weeks.
- Instant Business Continuity: Optimized time to boot of replicated virtual machines.
- Recovery as clone: Restore of virtual machines of the same or other hypervisors.
- Exchange item-level restore: Restore individual mailboxes or emails from a backed up Exchange VM.
- Sandbox Restoring & Backup Verification: Set up a recorvery and test scenario for the backup database.
- Granular Restore: File-based recovery of files or folders from backed up Windows VMs.
Request Hornetsecurity Altaro VM Backup and convince yourself of all the features now!
VM Backup for Hyper-V and VMware
Microsoft Hyper V
Designed to remove the complexities of backing up and replicating Microsoft Hyper-V, Hornetsecurity Altaro VM Backup enables you to quickly and reliably accomplish advanced backup tasks. It offers full support for Hyper-V at highly affordable pricing, and its intuitive user interface makes it easy for you to configure and run backup, restore and replication jobs.
Protect your VMware environment easily and cost-effectively, using Hornetsecurity Altaro VM Backup. Enjoy full control over your VMware virtual machine (VM) backup tasks across all hosts through an intuitive interface, making Hornetsecurity Altaro VM Backup your logical choice for VMware backup.
Hornetsecurity Altaro VM Backup supports both VMware as well as Microsoft Hyper-V, all from a single console and multiple technologies:
Exchange and SQL support
Back up Exchange Server and SQL VMs or other applications compatible with Microsoft’s VSS Writer.
Linux VM support
Back up file consistent Linux VMs without shutting down the machine.
Flexible backup destinations
Save backups to a local drive or UNC share. Save offsite copies to local drive, UNC share, to single or multiple locations (swapped) or offsite (WAN) Backup Server.
Supported backup media
- USB external drives and flash drives eSata external drives
- File server network shares (via UNC)
- NAS devices (via UNC)
- Internal hard drives (recommended only for evaluation purposes)
- RDX cartridges
- Offsite backup server via Internet / WAN
Native integration with MS Azure, Amazon S3 and Wasabi
It’s quick and easy to store your backups to one of these cloud storage providers. All you need to do is input your access credentials to be able to transfer the data. There’s no need for additional resources!
Support for ReFS partitions
Set up in a few minutes. No payment information needed.