The Hornetsecurity Group is the leading cloud security provider in Europe, which protects the IT infrastructure, digital communication and data of companies and organizations of all sizes. Its services are provided worldwide via 11 redundantly secured data centers. The product portfolio covers all important areas of email security, including spam and virus filters, legally compliant archiving and encryption, as well as defense against CEO fraud and ransomware. With more than 350 employees, the Hornetsecurity Group is represented globally at several locations and operates in more than 30 countries through its international distribution network. The premium services are used by approximately 50,000 customers including Swisscom, Telefónica, KONICA MINOLTA, LVM Versicherung and CLAAS.
For our location in Montréal (Quebec H2G 2J6) we are looking for a motivated Security Operator for 40 hours/week to start immediately or as soon as possible.
Job description details
- You work closely with your colleagues in the Security Lab and are the one who doesn’t give “evil” a chance: You analyze emails for spam, malware and phishing.
- You continuously maintain our rules database by deriving email patterns and translating these patterns into rules.
- You identify ongoing spam, malware and phishing campaigns and take active action against them.
- You process reports on incorrectly detected spam e-mails.
- You actively contribute to our Threat Detection Automation by providing feedback to the development team or helping to develop it yourself.
- You have a technical Degree (BAC/DEC) in a technology discipline and/or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- You have basic knowledge in scripting.
- You have experience in the described area of responsibility and are familiar with Internet technologies and protocols with a focus on e-mail.
- You are proficient in regular expressions and subnetting – ideally, you are familiar with tools such as Yara.
- You are fully bilingual (French and English).
- You enjoy understanding complex contexts and are characterized by very good analytical skills and a high level of abstraction.
- You enjoy working in a team, are solution-oriented, reliable and able to work under pressure.
- Additional Sick Leave & Public Holidays.
- Collective Insurance Plan.
- Way to Work Goodie.
- Health & Wellness Fund.
- Free space for innovation and independent action.
- Short decision paths and flat hierarchies in an open work atmosphere.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Attractive and performance-related compensation.
- No dress code – you can come to work as you like.
- Delicious coffee, tea and fresh fruit every day for free.
- Free Book Policy – we will order your reference books.
- Regular pizza meetings for an interdisciplinary exchange.
- Unlimited contracts.
- Fast growing international company with a promising future and no limits to growth in your professional career.