Technical Support Specialist – Canada
The Hornetsecurity Group is the leading cloud security provider in Europe, which protects the IT infrastructure, digital communication and data of companies and organizations of all sizes. Its services are provided worldwide via 11 redundantly secured data centers. The product portfolio covers all important areas of email security, including spam and virus filters, legally compliant archiving and encryption, as well as defense against CEO fraud and ransomware. With more than 400 employees, the Hornetsecurity Group is represented globally at several locations and operates in more than 30 countries through its international distribution network. The premium services are used by approximately 50,000 customers including Swisscom, Telefónica, KONICA MINOLTA, LVM Versicherung and CLAAS.
For our location in Montreal QC we are looking for a motivated Technical Support Specialist for 40 hours/week to start immediately or as soon as possible.
Job description details
- You communicate with customers through a variety of channels to assist them in diagnosing problems and to guide them in solving issues about our services and products.
- You create support tickets and process them to final resolution.
- You remain alert to messages from the incident notification system and inform the response team when incidents arise.
- You are responsible for the initial assessment of reported incidents to assign the most appropriate priority level to new tickets.
- You escalate issues and tickets so that they may be considered for immediate action, based on possible impact or SLA terms.
- You oversee the basic monitoring of infrastructure and services.
- You help in user education.
- You interact with other teams to provide a comprehensive and high-quality support.
- You work in a 24/7 shift system with a great planning reliability. Depending on the shift there are attractive bonuses and compensation days.
- You have an IT education.
- You have experience in the area of IT support.
- You have a good understanding of IP Networking and protocols such as SMTP, DNS and HTTP.
- You have had mail server / email flow exposure and have a clear understanding as well as experience of mailflow.
- You are conversant with Linux – that is a plus.
- You bring excellent written and verbal communication skills and you like working on the phone.
- You are customer focused – must have good people skills, be friendly and helpful.
- You are fluent in English and French – any other language is a plus.
- You are a team player and have inter-personal skills.
- Free space for innovation and independent action in a fast-growing international company with a promising future.
- Short decision paths and flat hierarchies in an open work atmosphere.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Temporary Employee Exchange Program – we provide the ability for you to work at our global office locations and explore the world (e.g. Malta, Madrid, Montréal, Washington).
- Home-Office Option and flexible working time.
- No dress code – you can come to work as you like.
- Delicious coffee, tea, soft drinks and fresh fruits every day for free.
- Regular global update meetings with free pizza or donuts for everyone in our offices.
- Free Book Policy – we will order your reference books.
- Team events like Laser Tag, Escape Room or nights out together – let yourself be surprised.
- Be-Active Bonus – we’ll keep you healthy with an allowance to your membership in fitness and sports clubs.
- Unlimited contracts – we’re looking for hornets to grow long term with us.
- Extensive Onboarding – we equip you with a welcome kit, 2 days Onboarding Bootcamp, Mentoring Program and regular feedback meetings.
- Office Dogs are welcome – you don’t have to leave your dog alone at home!
- Referral Bonus: we pay 1500€ for each referral who is successfully hired by us!
Your application form
Our Recruiter, Julia Klein, is at your disposal. You can call her +49 511 515 464-0, write her on WhatsApp +49 511 515 464-99 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.