Security Engineer – Malta
The Hornetsecurity Group is the leading cloud security provider in Europe, which protects the IT infrastructure, digital communication and data of companies and organizations of all sizes. Its services are provided worldwide via 11 redundantly secured data centers. The product portfolio covers all important areas of email security, including spam and virus filters, legally compliant archiving and encryption, as well as defense against CEO fraud and ransomware. With more than 400 employees, the Hornetsecurity Group is represented globally at several locations and operates in more than 30 countries through its international distribution network. The premium services are used by approximately 50,000 customers including Swisscom, Telefónica, KONICA MINOLTA, LVM Versicherung and CLAAS.
For our location in Malta we are looking for a motivated Security Engineer for 40 hours/week to start immediately or as soon as possible!
At Hornetsecurity, our security team aims to make sure that Hornetsecurity's users and engineers are working in the safest possible environment. Our security engineers work closely with our infrastructure team to identify and mitigate risks in our network. They constantly check our systems for attacks and vulnerabilities. At the same time, our security team works closely with our software development and engineering teams to discover and address security issues and vulnerabilities in our services.
Job description details
- You investigate Windows and Linux systems and networks for attack vectors that require automated scanning and constitute a substantial security risk.
- You design technological solutions to minimize security vulnerabilities and conduct vulnerability management assessments using a risk-based approach.
- You evaluate, conduct, develop, and implement security scanning and analysis automation.
- You generate metrics and data to aid in monitoring vulnerability management strategies and initiatives.
- You offer security advice to internal teams, and you contribute to internal initiatives to improve our security posture.
- You work closely with our Security Lab team in Germany.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field or comparable work experience.
- You have worked on vulnerability management, risk assessment, and remediation projects before.
- You have knowledge of analyzing systems, detecting security issues, and threat modeling.
- You are an expert in one or more of the following areas: software services, authentication systems, and network security.
- You are capable of carrying out and completing activities with minimum assistance.
- You take pride in actively sharing your ideas and visions and helping Hornetsecurity improve its IT security.
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and written. German language skills will be considered an asset.
- Free space for innovation and independent action in a fast growing international company with a promising future.
- Short decision paths and flat hierarchies in an open work atmosphere.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Temporary Employee Exchange Program – we support you to work at our global office locations and explore the world (e.g. Berlin, Madrid, Montréal, Washington).
- Home-Office Option and flexible, trust based working time.
- No dress code – you can come to work as you like.
- Delicious coffee, tea, soft drinks and fresh fruits every day for free.
- Free Book Policy – we will order your reference books.
- Team events like Laser Tag, Escape Room or Get Together at our legendary beer truck – let yourself be surprised.
- Be-Active Bonus – we’ll keep you healthy with an allowance to your membership in fitness and sports clubs.
- Unlimited contracts and pension plan – we’re looking for hornets to grow long term with us.
- Free Parking – you never have to be stressed in the morning looking for a parking space.
- Additional leave entitlements – Paternity/Maternity/Adoption leave.
- Office Dogs are welcome – you don’t have to leave your dog alone at home!