The Hornetsecurity Group is the leading cloud security provider in Europe, which protects the IT infrastructure, digital communication and data of companies and organizations of all sizes. Its services are provided worldwide via 11 redundantly secured data centers. The product portfolio covers all important areas of email security, including spam and virus filters, legally compliant archiving and encryption, as well as defense against CEO fraud and ransomware. With more than 400 employees, the Hornetsecurity Group is represented globally at several locations and operates in more than 30 countries through its international distribution network. The premium services are used by approximately 50,000 customers including Swisscom, Telefónica, KONICA MINOLTA, LVM Versicherung and CLAAS.
We are looking for a Product Owner with passion for technology, product design, product lifecycle, and user experience to start immediately or as soon as possible at our headquarters in Hannover (List).
Job description details
- You will be a part of a multi-national product management team and help build products in our security, backup, and GRC suite, as well as internal tools.
- You are responsible from collaborating closely to the product manager to understand the project scopes and objectives that must be achieved.
- You will be the main communication channel between your assigned development team and the product management team.
- You will own and manage the assigned product backlog, refine product requirements, plan sprints and sprint goals, and ensure that your product development teams have a steady stream of achievable tasks.
- You are responsible for issue prioritization, task backlog, and new feature development in accordance with deliverables required by PM/ business stakeholders.
- You are responsible from creating clear user stories, details requirements, acceptance criteria, and collaborate on Product Requirement Documents (PRD) or tickets.
- You will Ideate, Visualize, create wireframes, procure mock-ups, and define features needed to reach objectives in line with the product strategy.
- You will be the main reference point for feature requests and bugs/ issues that are reported for the assigned product from various stakeholders.
- You have a degree in computer science, completed education, or comparable knowledge in the technical area.
- You are passionate about product design, product lifecycle, and user experience.
- You are an avid problem solver and are quick on your feet. Breaking down complex problems and tackling them pragmatically.
- You have a deep understanding of technology.
- You can justify and present both technical and functional decisions in a transparent and goal-oriented manner.
- You are self-motivated, a great team player, but can also take responsibility and work independently in a goal-oriented manner with minimal supervision.
- You are a quick-learner and are keen to expose yourself to new technologies and ideas.
- You are proficient in document structuring, can work under pressure on concurrent projects, and comfortable respecting deadlines.
- You possess excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
Assets (bonus points):
- 2 Years+ experience working with SaaS products.
- Experience in a similar Product Owner role.
- Familiar with Atlassian Confluence and JIRA tools.
- Highly organized and structured person.
- Free space for innovation and independent action in a fast-growing international company with a promising future.
- Short decision paths and flat hierarchies in an open work atmosphere.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Temporary Employee Exchange Program – we provide the ability for you to work at our global office locations and explore the world (e.g. Malta, Madrid, Montréal, Washington).
- Home-Office Option and flexible working time.
- No dress code – you can come to work as you like.
- Delicious coffee, tea, soft drinks and fresh fruits every day for free.
- Regular global update meetings with free pizza or donuts for everyone in our offices.
- Free Book Policy – we will order your reference books.
- Team events like Laser Tag, Escape Room or nights out together – let yourself be surprised.
- Be-Active Bonus – we’ll keep you healthy with an allowance to your membership in fitness and sports clubs.
- Unlimited contracts – we’re looking for hornets to grow long term with us.
- Extensive Onboarding – we equip you with a welcome kit, 2 days Onboarding Bootcamp, Mentoring Program and regular feedback meetings.
- Office Dogs are welcome – you don’t have to leave your dog alone at home!
- Referral Bonus: we pay 1500€ for each referral who is successfully hired by us!