Business Development Executive
Locations: Malta, Reading & Skopje
The Hornetsecurity Group is the leading cloud security provider in Europe, which protects the IT infrastructure, digital communication and data of companies and organizations of all sizes. Its services are provided worldwide via 11 redundantly secured data centers. The product portfolio covers all important areas of email security, including spam and virus filters, legally compliant archiving and encryption, as well as defense against CEO fraud and ransomware. With more than 400 employees, the Hornetsecurity Group is represented globally at several locations and operates in more than 30 countries through its international distribution network. The premium services are used by approximately 50,000 customers including Swisscom, Telefónica, KONICA MINOLTA, LVM Versicherung and CLAAS.
For our location in San Gwann (Malta), Skopje (North Macedonia) and Reading (UK) we are looking for a motivated Business Development Executive for 40 hours/week to start immediately or as soon as possible.
Job description details
- You are responsible for researching, pre-selecting, and identifying potential customers and strategic contacts.
- You research targeted companies online, maintaining and building upon existing marketing/sales databases.
- You conduct initial prospect investigation and background information gathering.
- You generate leads and identify possible interests and needs by phone, email, or social networking.
- You are the first contact for our customers and partners, mainly via telephone and e-mail.
- You are building relationships, qualifying prospects, and setting follow-up appointments.
- You are responsible for maintaining high data quality in our CRM system and thus ensure a smooth sales cycle.
- You contribute to revenue growth by meeting or exceeding agreed targets.
- You have an HBO (university) degree or completed training in the IT field.
- You have experience in business development, ideally in a start-up environment.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce) as well as experience with using LinkedIn as a lead generation will be considered an asset.
- Your communication skills are excellent as you are fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- You feel comfortable working in an international team.
- You are customer focused – must have good people skills, be friendly, helpful and a go-getter.
- You are highly self-motivated to meet quarterly targets, have the ability to set priorities and are capable of handling several tasks in parallel.
- Free space for innovation and independent action in a fast growing international company with a promising future.
- Short decision paths and flat hierarchies in an open work atmosphere.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Temporary Employee Exchange Program – we support you to work at our global office locations and explore the world (e.g. Malta, Madrid, Montréal, Washington).
- Home-Office Option and flexible, trust based working time.
- No dress code – you can come to work as you like.
- Delicious coffee, tea, soft drinks and fresh fruits every day for free.
- Free Book Policy – we will order your reference books.
- Team events like Laser Tag, Escape Room or Get Together at our legendary beer truck – let yourself be surprised.
- Be-Active Bonus – we’ll keep you healthy with an allowance to your membership in fitness and sports clubs.
- Unlimited contracts – we’re looking for hornets to grow long term with us.
- Office Dogs are welcome – you don’t have to leave your dog alone at home!