Software Engineer (m/w/d)
The Hornetsecurity Group is the leading cloud security provider in Europe, which protects the IT infrastructure, digital communication and data of companies and organizations of all sizes. Its services are provided worldwide via 11 redundantly secured data centers. The product portfolio covers all important areas of email security, including spam and virus filters, legally compliant archiving and encryption, as well as defense against CEO fraud and ransomware.
With more than 350 employees, the Hornetsecurity Group is represented globally at several locations and operates in more than 30 countries through its international distribution network. The premium services are used by approximately 50,000 customers including Swisscom, Telefónica, KONICA MINOLTA, LVM Versicherung and CLAAS.
For our location in Hanover, Germany we are looking for a motivated Software Engineer for 40 hours/week to start immediately or as soon as possible.
Job description details
- You design, implement and test new technologies and services for detection of spam, malware and phishing.
- You contribute to the development of Hornetsecurity’s Spam and Malware Protection, Email Encryption and Advanced Threat Protection products.
- You work on unit and integration tests and maintain our CI/CD pipelines.
- Together with your colleagues, you ensure that development and quality goals are met.
- You have a completed IT education or a degree in the field of computer science.
- You are familiar with the programming languages Python and/or Golang.
- You are experienced in developing or using Linux systems – you are proficient in the Linux command line.
- You feel comfortable working with SQL and NoSQL databases, preferably PostgreSQL and/or ElasticSearch – experience with graph databases is an advantage.
- You are familiar with technologies and encryption methods such as SMIME and PGP for e-mails.
- You have knowledge of programming concepts such as prototyping, multithreading/ processing, client-server architecture, stream processing and high availability.
- You ideally have hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes as well as CI/CD.
- You can abstract, think logically and convince with initiative and personal responsibility.
- You enjoy working in an international team, are solution-oriented, reliable and resilient.
- You are fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Free space for innovation and independent action.
- Short decision paths and flat hierarchies in an open work atmosphere.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Attractive and performance-related compensation.
- Flexible and trust based working time.
- No dress code – you can come to work as you like.
- Delicious coffee, tea and fresh fruit every day for free.
- Free Book Policy – we will order your reference books.
- Regular pizza meetings for an interdisciplinary exchange.
- Team events like Lasertag, Live Escape Room or LAN parties – let yourself be surprised.
- Fast growing international company with a promising future and no limits to growth in your professional career.
Your application form
Any questions? Our Recruiter, Julia Klein, is at your disposal. You can contact her by phone at +49 511 515 464-0, via WhatsApp at +49 511 515 464-99 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org