Remote Support Technician (m/f/d)
The Hornetsecurity Group is the leading cloud security provider in Europe, which protects the IT infrastructure, digital communication and data of companies and organizations of all sizes. Its services are provided worldwide via 9 redundantly secured data centers. The product portfolio covers all important areas of email security, including spam and virus filters, legally compliant archiving and encryption, as well as defense against CEO fraud and ransomware. With around 200 employees, the Hornetsecurity Group is represented globally at several locations and operates in more than 30 countries through its international distribution network. The premium services are used by approximately 40,000 customers including Swisscom, Telefónica, KONICA MINOLTA, LVM Versicherung, DEKRA and Claas.
We are looking for a motivated Support Technician (m/f/d) for 40 hours/week to start immediately or as soon as possible to work remotely anywhere in the US.
Job description details
• You communicate with customers through a variety of channels to assist them in diagnosing problems and to guide them in solving issues about our services and products.
• You create support tickets and process them to final resolution.
• You remain alert to messages from the incident notification system and inform the response team when incidents arise.
• You are responsible for the initial assessment of reported incidents to assign the most appropriate priority level to new tickets.
• You escalate issues and tickets so that they may be considered for immediate action, based on possible impact or SLA terms.
• You oversee the basic monitoring of infrastructure and services.
• You help in user education.
• You interact with other teams to provide a comprehensive and high-quality support.
• You work in a 24/7 shift system with a great planning reliability. Depending on the shift there are attractive bonuses and compensation days.
Your organizational alignment
• You report to the Head of Support US/UK, the Global Head of Service Desk as well as the responsible CEO.
• You cooperate closely with team members from Sales, Presales, Product Management and Software Development.
• You work remotely anywhere in the US.
• You have a vocational education in the area of information technology.
• You hold industry acknowledged certification of related technologies – that is a plus.
• You gain advantage with experience in the area of IT support.
• You have a good understanding of IP Networking and protocols such as SMTP, DNS and HTTP.
• You are familiar with mail server exposure and have a clear understanding as well as experience of mailflow.
• You are conversant with Linux – that is a plus.
• You bring excellent written and verbal communication skills and you like working on the phone.
• You are customer focused – must have good people skills, be friendly and helpful.
• You have a good command of the English language (written and spoken); any other language is a plus.
• You are a team player and have inter-personal skills.
• $ 30,000 to $ 40,000 (80% fixed, 20% variable based on personal target achievement), depending on individual education and experience.
• Medical, dental and vision benefits.
• Paid vacation and sick leave.
• Development prospects in the service desk team through our strong and fast growth.