Chief Marketing Officer / CMO (m/f/d)
Hannover / Berlin / Malta
We are seeking an experienced Chief Marketing Officer (m/f/d) to plan, develop and execute our global marketing strategy through an international team of 40 marketing professionals.
Working closely with the CEO and Sales, you will oversee planning and strategy covering all areas of marketing such as branding, messaging, demand generation, and so on, with particular focus on digital marketing.
You will join us at an exciting time in the company’s development and will be a critical member of the C-level management team.
This is a full-time role based at our offices in Germany (Hannover/ Berlin) or Malta. Travel to our regional offices would be expected roughly once a month.
Job description details
- You lead, manage and coach an international team of 40 experienced and driven marketing professionals.
- You plan, implement and execute Hornetsecurity’ s marketing strategy.
- You manage a large global marketing budget.
- You ensure that we continue to be at the forefront of digital marketing as a central pillar of the company’s success.
- You work closely with the marketing heads to formulate impactful campaigns.
- You work closely with the Sales team and the Regional Marketing Managers to execute successful regional and channel-based campaigns.
- You plan and organize marketing functions and operations (branding, communications etc.), and ensure that they project the company’s unique voice.
- You design and coordinate promotional campaigns and events, PR, and other marketing efforts across channels.
- You drive product trials and revenue.
- You measure, analyse, and report on marketing campaign performance, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- You oversee structured market research and monitor the competitors positioning and activities.
- You forge a strong relationship between the marketing and sales departments, ensuring that key insights and performance data are exchanged on a regular basis and common objectives are aligned.
- You oversee the marketing integration of 3rd party companies that are acquired by the company.
- You identify trends and insights and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- You stay up to date with latest technologies and best practices.
- You have proven experience as Chief Marketing Officer or a similar role.
- You have more than 10 years of marketing experience.
- You have several years of team management experience.
- You are experienced in digital marketing management and execution.
- You are experienced in the software, SaaS or the IT industry – this will be considered an important asset.
- You have the ability to apply marketing techniques over digital and non-digital channels.
- You have an excellent written and spoken English.
- You bring along a proven track record in a data-driven role.
- You are self-driven and disciplined, able to motivate others to meet and exceed their goals.
- You convince with a team-spirited approach.
- You offer a high willingness to travel – travelling to our regional offices (e.g. Hannover, Berlin, Malta) would be expected roughly once a month.
- You are passionate, ambitious, and innovative in everything you do.
- You have a lot of drive, enjoy being hands-on and working in a very fast-paced, international and young environment with flat hierarchies.
- Free space for innovation and independent action.
- Short decision paths and flat hierarchies in an open work atmosphere.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Attractive and performance-related compensation.
- No dress code – you can come to work as you like.
- Delicious coffee, tea and fresh fruit every day for free.
- Free Book Policy – we will order your reference books.
- Regular pizza meetings for an interdisciplinary exchange.
- Team events like Lasertag, Live Escape Room or LAN parties – let yourself be surprised.
- Unlimited contracts.
- Fast growing international company with a promising future and no limits to growth in your professional career.